Tuscaloosa Home

Monday, February 21, 2011

“Be Sincere – Be Brief – Be Seated”

This is so typical of me to just jump in, go for something then think about it afterwards. A blog spot sounds like fun (my mind tricked me into believing). That was yesterday and now today the reality begins…

So I thought to myself – self I said what do I say? I have no special intellect which comes my way or skill that would impress, so I will borrow a thought from
Franklin D. Roosevelt;
“Be Sincere – Be Brief – Be Seated”
These very words seem like a good place to begin a blog. I will do my best to
Be Sincere as the dictionary describes “honest and unaffected in a way that shows what is truly and deeply felt”
Be Brief - I hope to set a smile your way with as little verbiage as possible, amusing myself and hopefully you as well.
Be Seated Although not exactly what was originally meant by be seated. Interrupting this my way suggest that I will be seated in front of the computer consistently with a new idea or thought once a week. I have a goal to input something new each Monday morning. So with that in mind I will borrow more words from the former President “When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on”

3 comments:

  1. I need to tie more knots!

    Huh, just looking at the cool throw back picture again... I was born the summer of 1978. July 19. But you're not old... I sincerely mean that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely thought this was going to be a post on the topic of testimony meetings. Is that sacreligious??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute mom! You be seated in front of that computer! With your cute little bum in your cute little chair writing cute little posts. Have you gotten the hint that I think you're really cute?

    ReplyDelete